Sunday, November 13, 2011

CanTell's Version - Newbie Style Challenge II

When I read Juicy Bomb's Newbie challenge, I thought that this time, I'll join, cuz I missed the one last time. I already posted a few make-overs and noob stuff in the past, which you can read here and here and some other posts, but my budget was more.

So here's my newbie version. I might do some more versions later on. It's just too time consuming, if you're on a tight budget and I'm talkin' bout really tight, cuz it ain't suppose to go over 550 L$. I created a new avatar for this challenge on 11.11.11 and gave her an allowance of 550 L$. I also was able to get a last name yay! I found one site, where it's still possible. If you wanna know, just send me a message, cuz I know LL takes them down, if the link is posted.




I felt sad sometimes, when I even have to decide which lingerie worth only 10 L$ each, should I get, cuz I could only afford one. Same with other stuff.




An avatar make-over for 550,- L$ was very time consuming. I even spent some time at some lucky chairs to get the prizes, which I decided not to use in the end.



 

This is suppose to be an avatar make-over, as if you are really new and don't have a single thing, not even poses (you out there heard me?). I also purchased all poses I used for the shots, in which one set I paid a decent amount of L$ in relation to the allowance and regretted it, cuz I didn't try them out first before purchasing. Well what the hell.

The biggest challenge for me were hair and shoes. I purposely avoided The Dressing Room, cuz I know a lot of the participants will get their stuff there and it's just not fun to see the same stuff over and over again. As if we were clones. If I see some items being blogged to often, I won't purchase it anymore, no matter how awesome it is.

So I joined lots of groups and went to lucky chairs. Though the hair I got were cool, they just didn't fit my concept, so I had to purchase hair, that I really like. It's also where most of my budget went. It was a hard decision to spend 275 L$ for hair, but I had to do it. After that, I had to watch out, that the remaining items are free.

So spending that much for hair, I couldn't get me some decent pumps anymore. I didn't want to get shoes with prim feet, cuz tinting the skin to match, gives me the urge of killing cute little bunnies sometimes and they are kinda getting out of fashion now. Didn't you notice it? It's like back to the roots with pumps. For example, I so love my N-Core Coquette Fat Pack. I probably got around 20 or more pair of plain pumps from different designers, but the N-Core ones are my favorite.

My plan was to get the HOC All Colors Pumps, but I couldn't afford to spend 175 L$ anymore. So I first got the group gift from COCO Designs, which is cool too, but flat. I need heels. I discovered the ankle boots at the discount department, removed parts of it, like the belt, buckle and invisi prims, and got some free alpha layers from SLM. I also changed the attachment point to lower leg instead of foot, cuz the boots are fucked up, depending on the AO anims.

Sames goes with the no alpha lashes. I deleted the lower lashes completely, cuz it was difficult to fit them. I prefer no alpha lashes, especially when the hair has lots of alpha, like the one I'm wearing. Or else, you'll see the lashes floating on top of the hair, which would be very creepy.


Ok here's my list (sorry couldn't get the digits straight, don't know how):

  • Skin - YS&YS group gift = 0
  • Body Shape - self-made (not for sale) = 0
  • Hair - Analog Dog = 275
  • Eyes - ~*By Snow*~ via SLM = 15
  • Eyelashes - Skintimate no alpha lashes via SLM = 10
  • AO - Vista Animations via SLM = 1
  • AO - Tutys = 0
  • AO - Sylva Petrov = 0
  • Necklace - Gabriel group gift = 0
  • Lingerie - Etiquette Lingerie via SLM = 10
  • Pants - COCO Designs = 50
  • Belt - Gabriel group gift = 0
  • Fur Bolero - COCO Designs discount shop = 50
  • Bracelet - edge grafica via SLM = 0
  • Boots - COCO Designs discount shop = 50
  • Avatar Alpha Overlays - Imnotgoing Sideways via SLM = 0
  • Nailpolish - J's = 0
  • Poses - E.inK 18 Poses via SLM = 0
  • Poses - ++Desire++ 5 Model Poses via SLM = 0
  • Poses - (pda) 8 Poses via Collabor88 = 88
Total: 549

This means I still got 1 L$ left yay!

No comments: